Posted to users@directory.apache.org by gj...@comcast.net on 2007/10/26 14:21:23 UTC

LDAP configuration

I am trying to build an active directory that would  be used my PACS test system.  I have searched around on the internet for server.xml examples, but have not found any that I could use to follow.  I have apacheds 1.5 installed on my test box.  Would anyone have a server.xml sample that I could follow to build this list.  I an new to the world of active directories.  I am using the Apacheds 1.5 application on XP. I have also installed the Apache studio.
Thanks,
Jeffrey

Re: LDAP configuration

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

gjds12@comcast.net wrote:
> I am trying to build an active directory that would  be used my PACS test system.
What is a 'PACS test system' ? What is an 'active directory' ? (if it's
not Microsoft AD)

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/14-basic-configuration-tasks.html

> but have not found any that I could use to follow.  I have apacheds 1.5 installed on my test box.  Would anyone have a server.xml sample that I could follow to build this list.
Which list ?

>  I an new to the world of active directories.  I am using the Apacheds 1.5 application on XP. I have also installed the Apache studio.

FYI, you have a plugin in Apache Directory Studio to manage the
configuration. It may help you to generate a valid server.xml. Here is
the documentation :

http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/apacheds_configuration/