Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2010/09/13 21:37:32 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Felix

*Community*

    * Added Sanjeeb Sahoo as a committer.

*Software*

    * Recent subproject releases:
          o Bundle Repository (1.6.4)
          o Configuration Admin (1.2.8)
          o Event Admin (1.2.4)
          o File Install (3.0.2) - Maintenance release for auto-bundle
            deployer.
          o Framework (3.0.1, 3.0.2) - Core OSGi framework maintenance
            releases.
          o Framework Security (1.4.0) - Framework security provider
            implementation maintenance release.
          o iPOJO Arch for Gogo (1.0.0) - Initial release of Gogo shell
            command for inspecting iPOJO components.
          o iPOJO Core, Annotations and Manipulator (1.6.4) -
            Maintenance release for OSGi-based component framework.
          o Main (3.0.1, 3.0.2) - Framework launcher maintenance releases.
          o Remote Shell (1.1.0) - Minor feature improvement release to
            simple telnet service.
          o SCR (Declarative Services) (1.6.0)
          o Web Console (3.1.0, 3.1.2)
          o Web Console Memory Usage Plugin (1.0.2)

*Licensing and other issues*

    * Karaf subproject promoted to TLP.
    * Need to have discussion on how to handle provisional OSGi APIs in
      our releases. It is not clear if we should include provisional
      OSGi API since it is not officially released by the OSGi Alliance
      and is therefore subject to change and/or not always officially
      sanctioned (i.e., made publicly available by the OSGi Alliance).
      At a minimum, we need to define an approach to informing users if
      provisional API is included that it is not [yet] official OSGi API.