Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/08/25 19:42:12 UTC

CInclude and cocoon:/ pseudo-protocol

Hi,

I created a pipeline for a document that grabs one news item out of a
database.  The actual news content has HTML tags in it that I need to
have displayed, not escaped.  When using:

<esql:get-string column="news"/>

It escapes everything for you, so that the HTML tags actually display
on the screen.  So, to combat this, I created a pipeline with an XSLT
transformer to wrap an <xsl:text
disable-output-escaping="yes"></xsl:text> around the string of news:

<map:pipeline>
   <map:match pattern="latest_news">
     <map:generate type="serverpages"
src="content/authoring/news/latest_news.xsp"/>
     <map:transform type="xslt" src="xslt/latest.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

I go the URL http://www.someplace.com:8080/lenya/athletics/latest_news
and the output displays great, not escaping the HTML tags I need.  But,
when using it in a CInclude in my XSLT file, all of a sudden, it
ignores the disable-output-escaping portion and escapes the HTML tags
so that I see them in my web page:

<cinclude:include src="cocoon:/latest_news"/>

Everything else transforms just fine.  Am I missing something as to why
this would happen?  Does it have to do with the cocoon:/
pseudo-protocol that I am using?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  I'm using Cocoon 2.1.5 and Lenya 1.2.

Jon