Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/15 13:49:38 UTC

Vertex serialization

Hello,

I've noticed that Vertex's Writable implementation (readFields and
write) write longs for map (edges and messages) sizes (which are
ints). Is it for some compatibility reason?

--
    Claudio Martella
    claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: Vertex serialization

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
It should probably be ints instead of longs for now.  I think I was
thinking of day when it might be possible to have more than
Integer.MAX_VALUE edges or messages.  But that would break this current
implementation anyway.

Avery