Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Abhimanyu Nagrath <ab...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/08 11:19:39 UTC

Getting batch Prediction for Classification Engine Template

Hi,
 I am new to predictionIO. I am using predictionIO version
0.11.0-incubating. I am using template
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio-template-attribute-based-classifier
for binary classification. I am able to successfully build, train and
deploy the model. But I have around millions of users for which I want to
predict a result . Is there a way to get the prediction in batches as I
don't want to loop and hit millions of curl(*curl -H "Content-Type:
application/json" -d '{"attr0":0, "attr1":1}'
http://localhost:8000/queries.json <http://localhost:8000/queries.json>*)
request.

Regards,
Abhimanyu

Re: Getting batch Prediction for Classification Engine Template

Posted by Mars Hall <ma...@salesforce.com>.
The upcoming 0.12.0 release will include `pio batchpredict` command.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/blob/develop/docs/manual/source/batchpredict/index.html.md
You may use this feature today by building from source on the develop
branch.

Until then, the only official method is making a multitude of requests to
/queries.json. Taking this approach, the algorithm's predict function can
be manually customized to receive arrays of queries and return arrays of
results.

*Mars

--
*Mars Hall