Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dwayne Ghant <dg...@temple.edu> on 2005/01/03 21:43:45 UTC

Context for User development accounts??

I must have missed this answer in my readings
some where. I have an easy question concerning the
context container.

I have configured tomcat to read
all user account on a local machine and it worked,
but if I don't put a context in the
server.xml file for "/~username,"
then how does it get loaded and sence it seems
to be loading automatically then
how can I set reloadable="true" of I can't find
the context????

Your assistance will be much appreciated.

--

Dwayne A. Ghant
Application Developer

Re: Context for User development accounts??

Posted by Dwayne Ghant <dg...@temple.edu>.
Thanx QM,
This if funny ironically enough the documentation says:

--deployOnStartup--
This flag value indicates if web applications from this host should be
 automatically deployed by the host configurator.
The flag's value defaults to true.

Yep, that correct it defults to ture. But as you suggested I will
explicitlly set it anyway.

This posses one more question.
I was wonder if I could have more than one "*|appBase|*" per host.
of what if I wanted my host to have more then one *|"appBase."|*

Thank you for your past reply's they have been very helpfull.

Again thank you for your time.*||*

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com

Re: Context for User development accounts??

Posted by Dwayne Ghant <dg...@temple.edu>.
Well QM ,

You pretty much got the idea.
I would like all context to load automatically and I already have
<DefaultContext reloadable="true"/>
And I thought that was  enough.

But now you tell me of an attribute that I could even find in the
"Server Configuration Reference ... The Context Container"
documentation. I guess that I would have to create a "<Context
loadOnStartup=true ... />"
for every developer on the machine?????

Please confirm..

Thank you for you time.