Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Mikhail Antonov <an...@apache.org> on 2016/10/04 00:21:35 UTC

HBase 1.3 status

Hi guys,

just wanted to give a heads up on the status of this release. We've been
testing the current 1.3 code against some realistic workloads and here're
the issues that we found so far that need to be addressed before the first
RC.

HBASE-16644 Errors when reading legit HFile' Trailer on branch 1.3
HBASE-16754 Regions failing compaction due to referencing non-existent
store file
HBASE-16752 Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3 can lead to replication failures due
to difference in RPC size limit
HBASE-16146 Counters are expensive

Once those are fixed it'd be the time for an RC (would also appreciate if
no new non-trivial commits but patches for critical/blocker bugs go in
meanwhile).

Thanks!
-Mikhail