Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rocco Scappatura <Ro...@sttspa.it> on 2007/12/03 12:38:29 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Rewriting URL inside a 'proxyed' page (SOLVED)

> > I have a Tomcat webapp which is surfed from Internet using
> a reverse
> > proxy (or better, my idea is).
> >
> > To be practical, say that:
> >
> >  http://www.exaple.com/site/ -->
> > http://localhost:8081/webapp/app/site/
> >
> > Unfortunately, when I get the home page
> > (http://www.exaple.com/site/index.html) correctly, I find
> that every
> > URL inside it is ABSOLUTE and wrong:
> >
> >  http:/www.example.com/app/site/link
>
> What's wrong with this? What do you expect to get?

You could easily image that the URL above is not valid. I had to  get

http:/www.example.com/site/link

instead.

Anyway, I have solved adding a further mod_proxy_html directive:

ProxyHTMLURLMap  http://www.example.com/site/ /

> Links in the source HTML should be relative. If you mean they
> are literally absolute, then you need to fix the source HTML.
>
> NB - Neither apache nor tomcat edits internal URLs in documents.

Nobody has asserted this. I only argued that mod_proxy_html didn't
replace the URL correctly. But in effect I wrong, because another
setting is needed only.

Thanks,

rocsca