Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Łukasz Wycisk <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/30 10:37:17 UTC

XSElement - attribute ID

How to get attribute id from XSElementDecl?

--
Pozdrawiam
Łukasz Wycisk

Re: XSElement - attribute ID

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Łukasz,

"Łukasz Wycisk" <lu...@gmail.com> wrote on 12/30/2008 04:37:17 AM:

> How to get attribute id from XSElementDecl?

You can't.

As I said in a reply to a different question of yours, the XML Schema API
was designed to be isomorphic to the schema components described by the
schema specification. It generally doesn't expose things which only exist
in the XML representation of schema documents. If you need the ids and
possibly other non-schema component information then you may want to
consider using a different API (e.g. Eclipse XSD) or doing something
creative like running a transform over the schema documents before they're
passed to Xerces (e.g. rename each id attribute to my:id) so that the
information you're interested in will show up in annotations.

> --
> Pozdrawiam
> Łukasz Wycisk

Thanks.