Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Ryan Murray <ry...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/13 09:29:27 UTC

View definitions

Hi All,

I was curious if anyone was working on bringing a proposal for Views to the
community? I know extensive work at Netflix has already been done[1] and it
looks like a proposal could be relatively easy to extract from there. If no
one else is currently working on it I can volunteer to take the work on as
we are hoping to be able to handle views via Iceberg relatively soon.

Best,
Ryan

[1]
https://github.com/Netflix/iceberg/tree/netflix-spark-2.4/view/src/main/java/com/netflix/bdp/view

Re: View definitions

Posted by Ryan Murray <ry...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, thanks Anjali!

Please let me know if there is anything we can help with. Our team is super
keen on this feature :-)

Best,
Ryan

Re: View definitions