Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2012/01/12 16:34:16 UTC

Images in AOO Blog Posts

Some externally-sourced images do not present properly in all browsers that visit the AOO blog.

I notice this especially with IE 9 and IE 8.  The root source is apparently violation of browser privacy rules (even set to medium or low) when accessing the image file attempts to deliver cookies to the client from a domain other than that of the blog site.  (When the image is accessed directly in these browsers, the user is asked whether to download or display it, rather than having it be automatically displayed.)

Since it seems inappropriate to request visitors to the blog to lower their browser privacy settings, it would be useful to avoid this problem for casual users and visitors.

This happens with the post that Hagar prepared that is now available at < https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/the_community_forum_new_year> as of today.  The graphic is at < http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=13066&mode=view>.  The post is not comprehensible without the graphic.

This does *not* happen with Armin's beautiful graphic in the post from yesterday: < https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/features_for_graphicobjects_and_oleobjects>.

The difference is that Armin's graphic was uploaded to the blog site.

It would be a good thing to find out how that was done and to follow in Armin's footsteps.

 - Dennis

RE: Images in AOO Blog Posts

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Yes, the imported image works just great.

 - Dennis

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Images in AOO Blog Posts

Posted by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>.