Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Gagan 007 <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/01 13:38:58 UTC

Velocity Unicode Characters

I am using Velocity in my application, I need multilingual support in the application, does Veloctiy supports Unicode characters??

If not then what other tools do we have?

Re: japanese characters

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gagan,

First, please post this to the user list.  Unless, of course, you're
trying to i18n-ize Velocity itself.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:13:49 -0800 (PST), Gagan 007
<ga...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Has anybody tried using Velocity with Japanese characters??/
> If so then plz send me the sampe code.....

I've done it before, for web and e-mail templates.  I don't have the
code any more, but incze's advice is the answer.

> Incze Lajos <in...@axelero.hu> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 04:38:58AM -0800, Gagan 007 wrote:
> > I am using Velocity in my application, I need multilingual support in the application, does Veloctiy supports Unicode characters??
> >
> > If not then what other tools do we have?
> >

> Use
>
> #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> # T E M P L A T E E N C O D I N G
> #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> input.encoding=UTF-8
> output.encoding=UTF-8
>
> in your velocity.properties file.
>
> incze

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--
Shinobu "Kawai" Yoshida <sh...@gmail.com>

japanese characters

Posted by Gagan 007 <ga...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Velocity Unicode Characters

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@axelero.hu>.

Posted by mailmur <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Velocity supports unicode fine without my resource
reader.

Due to a java bug cannot handle UTF-8 bommarker
properly. So, I've created a UnicodeFileResourceLoader
to support UTF-8 bommarker. See my webpage for a small
test program.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/akini/java/unicodereader/

If you use Windows Notepad to save UTF-8 files, you
will get bommarker at the start of file. It might be
displayed as '?' character is some environments
without a fixed FileReader.