Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Stephan Schlierf <st...@vsa.de> on 2003/09/15 11:18:45 UTC

Looking for some how-to's

Hi,

I'm looking for some how-tos for the following features:

- CVS revison tags: How can I get at it that generated html-pages show the
revision tag of cvs ?
- Email: How can I get at it that generated html-pages show a 'clickable'
email-adress (of the author-element)
- PDF-output: How can I get at it to generate one pdf-file out of the whole
site or selected pages of the site ?

I've browsed through the docus but  haven't still found an answer to these
questions. If I have overlooked something please give me a hint where to find
more information.

TIA,
Stephan

BTW: Thanks for Forrest 0.5 - really a great job!

Re: Looking for some how-to's

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:18:45AM +0200, Stephan Schlierf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for some how-tos for the following features:
>
> - CVS revison tags: How can I get at it that generated html-pages show the
> revision tag of cvs ?

If you have:

    <version>$Revision: 1.30 $</version>

The '1.30' will be extracted and displayed at the bottom of the page as
"version 1.30".  See for example the bottom of
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html

> - Email: How can I get at it that generated html-pages show a 'clickable'
> email-adress (of the author-element)

You'd have to override
src/resources/skins/common/xslt/html/document2html.xsl, and edit the
"headers/authors" template.

--Jeff

RE: Looking for some how-to's

Posted by Ramon Prades <rp...@porcelanosa.com>.
Hi Stephan

To generate a PDF for the whole content of the site just add the following
lines to your site.xml:

  <about tab="home" label="Home" href="">
      <all_site label="Full HTML" href="site.html"/>
      <all_sitePDF label="Full PDF" href="site.pdf"/>
  </about>

In this case the menu labeled "About" will have 2 new items: "Full PDF" and
"Full HTML".

Hope this helps.

Raon