Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2010/07/14 20:58:01 UTC

PDFBox July 2010 report due

Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this month.

<draft>
General Comments
----------------

There are no issues that require Board attention.

Community
---------

The PDFBox PMC voted Adam Nichols as new committer and PMC member.

There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the
community.

In november Andreas will present PDFBox within the content track at
ApacheCon in Atlanta.

Releases
--------

- PDFBox (incl. FontBox and JempBox) 1.2.0 was released on June 29, 2010
- PDFBox (incl. FontBox and JempBox) 1.2.1 was released on July 11, 2010

Development:

PDFBox 1.2.0 includes a lot of improvements and bugfixes. Because of a
significant performance regression we had to release Version 1.2.1 just
right after the last version.
As some people are interested in using PDFBox for textextraction on AndroidOS
and with Google Apps Engine, we are thinking about a more modular design so that
it is easier to adapt PDFBox for the usage on those runtime environmemts
with limited java support.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler