Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sridhar Laxmipuram Srinivasan <sr...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/12/22 04:46:16 UTC

Inermediatte surefire reports

Hi,
I have a profile which has around 75 tests and runs for 2 hrs, by default I will be able to see surefire rport only after 2 hrs, is there a way I can make maven write surefire report as and when tests gets completed, I mean can I see surefire report right immediately after 1st testcase gets executed?

thnkx
sridharl

Re: Inermediatte surefire reports

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
The data-files used for producing the reports are written to
target/surefire-reports as each test-class completes. I suppose it
could be possible to script something that uses this knowledge.

AW: Inermediatte surefire reports

Posted by Hauschel Fred Robert <Fr...@Cirquent.de>.
Hi sridharl,
"divide and conquer" ;-)
I can't imagine a artifact, which needs 2 hours for unit-test. Maybe you should rethink the modularization.
To you question, I don't think, that it is possible to see the reports immediately in one artifact.
But it is sure possible if you divide your code (or simple the testcases) in some separate artifacts. Maybe a multi module project which have 12 test modules, so each of your module takes 10 minutes ,-).

Do not search a technical solution for big things, search for responsibilities to separate.
Hope this helps a little bit.
Fredy