Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by David Hbase <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/22 23:56:25 UTC

[Q] Steps to deploy the Kubernetes Cluster with Stratos

Hi, Dev

Need to clarify how to deploy the Kubernetes Cluster with following
features:

1. How can we deploy the LB in Kubernetes Cluster? (need the detail steps)

2. How to realize the auto scaling in Kubernetes Cluster? If this scaling
with new instance or add more containers?

3. How the new node to be added to Kubernetes nodes automatically? Do we
need manually config?

4. CoreOs is current focus on their Rkt, Wondering, if the Kubernetes -
CoreOS is a best approach with Docker - Container solution?

5. Base on the above concerns, I would like to use Kubernetes - RHEL,
instead of Kubernetes - CoreOS. Is there any instruction that I can deploy
the Strato - Kubernetes- RHEL?

Thanks
-D

Re: [Q] Steps to deploy the Kubernetes Cluster with Stratos

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Please find answers inline,
>

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 3:26 AM, David Hbase <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Dev
>>
>> Need to clarify how to deploy the Kubernetes Cluster with following
>> features:
>>
>> 1. How can we deploy the LB in Kubernetes Cluster? (need the detail steps)
>>

> @Imesh @Mari, do we have a doc?
>

>> 2. How to realize the auto scaling in Kubernetes Cluster? If this scaling
>> with new instance or add more containers?
>>

> If you used docker based cartridges, then applications are scaled in
> container level.

To autoscale Kub cluster, will create new instances.(Kub minions)

Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/

Re: [Q] Steps to deploy the Kubernetes Cluster with Stratos

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

Yes we already have Stratos Kubernetes environments running, you can refer
below document for this:
https://gist.github.com/imesh/b8f81fac8de39183a504

We also have verified group scaling functionality on Mock IaaS & OpenStack,
it should also work the same on Kubernetes.

Posted by David Hbase <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Imesh

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

Posted by David Hbase <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Hbase <da...@gmail.com>.
Plus: kube-proxy

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi David/Lakmal,

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi David,

Please find answers inline,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 3:26 AM, David Hbase <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Dev
>
> Need to clarify how to deploy the Kubernetes Cluster with following
> features:
>
> 1. How can we deploy the LB in Kubernetes Cluster? (need the detail steps)

@Imesh @Mari, do we have a doc?

> 2. How to realize the auto scaling in Kubernetes Cluster? If this scaling
> with new instance or add more containers?

If you used docker based cartridges, then applications are scaled in
container level.

> 3. How the new node to be added to Kubernetes nodes automatically? Do we
> need manually config?

We can used both methods.

> 4. CoreOs is current focus on their Rkt, Wondering, if the Kubernetes -
> CoreOS is a best approach with Docker - Container solution?

You can see [1], this is one of main reason we did not directly coupled
with docker. At the moment CoreOS support docker.

> 5. Base on the above concerns, I would like to use Kubernetes - RHEL,
> instead of Kubernetes - CoreOS. Is there any instruction that I can deploy
> the Strato - Kubernetes- RHEL?

AFAIK, we have not tried this.