Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bouiaw <bo...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/13 14:42:14 UTC

Igenko and Microsling

Hi,

I have began to work on a new CMS project called Igenko ->
http://code.google.com/p/igenko/

I talked with Christophe Lombart about Jackrabbit-ocm and he advises me to
look at Sling.

I have tested Sling and Microsling, and I am happy to see that you have
implemented some concept I had in mind for Igenko. You have done a really
impressive work !!!

Sling is too complex for me, I think it is a good piece of software, but I
clearly can't use it in my case.

Microsling is really interesting, and allowed me to understand in a simple
way the Sling concepts.

If you have the time to look at the architecture diagram and the wiki on
Igenko homepage, I would like to have your advice about Igenko architecture,
and about the faisability to base Igenko on Microsling ? Igenko is fully
oriented Ajax and the architecture (based on the DWR like mechanism) and the
technologies (Flex and ArchetypeJS -> http://archetypejs.blogspot.com) used
are different. I think sharing about this use case should be interesting for
both projects. Don't hesitate to to ask me some questions about Igenko if
some points are not clear.

Regards,
Sébastien Deleuze