Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/18 13:43:12 UTC

[classlib] HARMONY-1127: looks like not a bug...

Guys,

take a look at HARMONY-1127 [1].
This issue is about calling URI class constructor with incorrect host
specified and resulting differences in Harmony and RI. Harmony throws
URISyntaxException as it specified by spec while RI constructs URI
object without host specified...

I think that the behaviour of Harmony is more correct here and we
should close this issue as not a bug.

Thoughts? Objections?

SY, Alexey

Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [classlib] HARMONY-1127: looks like not a bug...

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
I agree.  I'll grab the JIRA and if there are no objections raised here
within a reasonable period of time I'll close it.

Regards,
Tim

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> Guys,
>
> take a look at HARMONY-1127 [1].
> This issue is about calling URI class constructor with incorrect host
> specified and resulting differences in Harmony and RI. Harmony throws
> URISyntaxException as it specified by spec while RI constructs URI
> object without host specified...
>
> I think that the behaviour of Harmony is more correct here and we
> should close this issue as not a bug.
>
> Thoughts? Objections?
>
> SY, Alexey

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)