Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rachna <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/09 15:33:44 UTC

Error while indexing in solrcloud

Hello everyone,

I have a solrcloud of 3 shards and 1 replica each. The documents that I am
trying to index has about 30 fields and there are more than a million docs.
I am using solrJ to index and I amindexing after adding 5000 docs. I have
also enable softcommit with maxtime as 60 seconds. The version of solr is
4.4.
I am getting the following errors while indexing:

09:06:18 ERROR SolrCmdDistributor shard update error StdNode:
http://host:port/solr/core/:org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
Server at http://host:port/solr/core returned non ok status:503,​
message:Service Unavailable
09:06:53 ERROR SolrCmdDistributor shard update error StdNode:
http://host:8080/solr/core/:org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
Server at http://host:8080/solr/core returned non ok status:503,​
message:Service Unavailable
09:07:28 WARN SolrCore [core] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
onDeckSearchers=2
09:07:28 WARN SolrCore [core] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
onDeckSearchers=2
09:07:28 ERROR SolrCmdDistributor shard update error StdNode:
http://host:8080/solr/core/:org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
Server at http://host:8080/solr/core returned non ok status:503,​
message:Service Unavailable
09:07:28 WARN SolrCore [core] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
onDeckSearchers=2
09:07:28 ERROR SolrCmdDistributor shard update error StdNode:
http://host:8080/solr/core/:org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
Server at http://host:8080/solr/core returned non ok status:503,​
message:Service Unavailable
09:07:37 WARN SolrCore [core] PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping
onDeckSearchers=2
09:07:37 WARN SolrCore [core] Error opening new searcher. exceeded limit of
maxWarmingSearchers=2,​ try again later.
09:07:37 ERROR SolrCore org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error opening
new searcher. exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=2,​ try again later.
09:07:37 ERROR SolrCmdDistributor shard update error StdNode:
http://host:8080/solr/core/:org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
Server at http://host:8080/solr/core returned non ok status:503,​
message:Service Unavailable
09:07:37 ERROR SolrCmdDistributor shard update error StdNode:
http://host:8080/solr/core/:org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
Server at http://host:8080/solr/core returned non ok status:503,​
message:Service Unavailable

I can see some docs when I execute a query but I am worried if there are
some queries that are missed out because of this error.
Can someone please tell me what's going on?

Thank you

Re: Error while indexing in solrcloud

Posted by "host@123" <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi,
 Thanks for your reply. Please find my answers below:
Do you send all your indexing requests to 1 node (though that doesn't really
matter here)?: *Yes*

are they all host:8080 or have you replaced some info there? *Yes, they are
all port 8080.*

You should be able to see in your Cloud Admin that one of your nodes is
down: *No they are all up and running*

The error about too many warming searchers normally means that searcher
warming is taking longer than your commit frequency.  You soft commit every
60s (assuming that has openSearcher=true), so it would suggest that opening
and warming a new searcher takes longer than 60s, so I new one starts
warming before the old one is done (hence you have 2 warming at once which
isn't recommended).

I have commented the autocommit in solrconfig file and I do an explicit
commit after every 5000 docs have been added using solrJ. Then I have the
softcommit after every 60s configured in the solrconfig file.

Thanks

Re: Error while indexing in solrcloud

Posted by Daniel Collins <da...@gmail.com>.
The shard update error in essence means the shard that received the update
was trying to forward it on to the leader of that shard.  Do you send all
your indexing requests to 1 node (though that doesn't really matter here)?
 The error 503 normally means Solr is down at the remote end, are they all
host:8080 or have you replaced some info there?  I would expect the remote
host returning status 503 to be a different machine to the one you took the
logs from?

You should be able to see in your Cloud Admin that one of your nodes is
down, probably disconnected from ZK or out of memory or something, you need
to check the logs on that box.