Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Juergen Niehoff <ni...@et.fh-osnabrueck.de> on 2003/10/24 11:50:34 UTC

Encoding UTF-8

Hello,

i have a problem by encoding my documents. I prefer the UTF-8 encoding.
My documents had a head like this: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>"
when i store this document in the xindice DB the "encoding="UTF-8"" is
gone.  How can i tell xindice to encode my documents "UTF-8" by default?

cu

Jürgen

Re: Encoding UTF-8

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Juergen Niehoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a problem by encoding my documents. I prefer the UTF-8 encoding.
> My documents had a head like this: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>"
> when i store this document in the xindice DB the "encoding="UTF-8"" is
> gone.  How can i tell xindice to encode my documents "UTF-8" by default?

UTF-8 is the standard encoding for XML. Being it default, it doesn't
have to be explicitly specified, and this is why the XML serializer
omits it.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino