Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Jim Hurley <Ji...@Sun.COM> on 2007/06/06 21:09:13 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept the Starter Kit Contribution from Sun Microsystems

On May 31, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> I'd like to call on the Apache River PPMC to vote on accepting the
> Jini Technology Starter Kit contribution from Sun Microsystems as
> submitted in the RIVER-28 Jira issue [1].
[ .. ]
> Please vote on accepting the contribution. The vote is open for
> the next 72 hours.  All members and interested parties of the
> Apache River project are encouraged to participate, but only
> votes from the River PPMC members are binding. Like in all votes
> on code changes, a single -1 vote vetoes the motion.

The vote passes with  20 +1 votes, including 17 +1 votes from the
current River PPMC.  The votes were:

+1  Jim Hurley*
+1  Mark Brouwer*
+1  Juan Ramirez*
+1  Vinod Johnson*
+1  Robert Resendes*
+1  Jim Waldo*
+1  Frank Barnaby*
+1  Greg Trasuk
+1  Bob Scheifler*
+1  Peter Jones*
+1  Stephen Pietrowicz
+1  Nigel Daley*
+1  Jukka Zitting*
+1  John McClain*
+1  Fred Oliver*
+1  Gianugo Rabellino*
+1  Phil Steitz*
+1  Brian Murphy*
+1  Dan Creswell*
+1  Craig Russell

* - binding vote from PPMC member

There was also a non-vote, but a "much
rejoicing" response :-)  from Mike Herrick.

Thanks to all for casting your votes.
We're a go -- and now working on getting the
code into svn.

-Jim