Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Neil Chang <ia...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/20 01:25:13 UTC

spark worker continuously trying to connect to master and failed in standalone mode

Hi,
  I have two virtual pcs on private cloud (ubuntu 14). I installed spark
2.0 preview on both machines. I then tried to test it with standalone mode.
I have no problem start the master. However, when I start the worker
(slave) on another machine, it makes many attempts to connect to master and
failed at the end.
  I can ssh from each machine to another without any problem. I can also
run a master and worker at the same machine without any problem.

What did I miss? Any clue?

here are the messages:

WARN NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your
platform ... using builtin-java classes where applicable
INFO Worker: Connecting to master ip:7077 ...
INFO Worker: Retrying connection to master (attempt #1)
INFO Worker: Retrying connection to master (attempt #7)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: TransportClient has
not yet been set.
       at scala.Predef$.require(Predef.scala:224)
WARN NettyRocEnv: Ignored failure: java.io.IOException: Connecting to
ip:7077 timed out
WARN Worker: Failed to connect to master ip.7077

Thanks,
Neil

Re: spark worker continuously trying to connect to master and failed in standalone mode

Posted by Neil Chang <ia...@gmail.com>.
Thank you guys, it is the port issue.

Posted by Igor Berman <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Ehrlich <an...@aehrlich.com>.
Troubleshooting steps:

If the port is available on the master from the master, but not on the master from the slave, check firewall settings on the master: https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/firewall.html <https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/firewall.html>