Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/25 13:34:20 UTC

NuttX domains available

I have two pre-Apache NuttX domains that are parked and one of them
expires soon. /I will not be renewing them/ so if someone has a
legitimate use for these domains, I will transfer them to you.  These
are available:

  * /nuttx.com/ will expire April 2, 2023.  This would would be a good
    place to sell NuttX merch or to make NuttX engineering services
    available.
  * /nuttx.org/- will expire May 30, 2024.  This was the original NuttX
    web site for many years.

Any of you are welcome to the them.  A caution:  The ASF holds the NuttX
trademark now and could object to some uses of these domains.  You would
need to coordinate that somehow.

Greg

Re: NuttX domains available

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
Okay, so Gregory honored me with the maintenance of nuttx.com and
nuttx.org domains, thank You Greg!! :-)

Both (www.)nuttx.org and (www.)nuttx.com now redirects to
https://nuttx.apache.org :-)

I have also created a dedicated hosting account with MySQL / CGI / PHP
/ Python / Ruby capabilities, so we can setup some sort of portal if
necessary. The simplest to setup and maintain would be wordpress for
some soft of blog, it could be also simple static page (i.e.
conference website). Although I would prefer everything to happen
under Apache ubrella to keep all-in-one approach, there might be a
situation where dedicated website would be necessary, this is
possible, just let me know :-)

If you need some sort of NuttX website support and maintenance also
let me know I will be happy to help :-)

Re: NuttX domains available

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Sat, Feb 25, 2023 at 4:16 PM Gregory Nutt wrote:
> > Why not redirect them to https://nuttx.apache.org and crowdfund the bills ? :-)
> Anyone who wants to pay for the domains is welcome to do that.  I am
> finished paying.

Sure thing Greg! Maybe Apache could support crowdfunding and hosting?
If not I can handle them :-)

Re: NuttX domains available

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Re: NuttX domains available