Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/11/25 19:25:39 UTC

Current Todo's for Axis Async

Current Todo's for Axis Async.....

Core --
   -- Test cases for the base impl (org.apache.axis.ime.internal.**)
   -- Review and exercising of the base impl (performance tweaking, bug
scrub, etc)
   -- Refinement of base utility classes

Transports --
   -- Conversion of all transport senders over to the new interfaces
(Senders change from being Handlers to MessageExchangeProviders)
   -- Changes to WSDD deployment so that WSDDTransport.makeNewInstance
returns a new MessageExchange rather than a Handler
   -- Test cases for Transports

Documentation --
   -- Documentation for the core interfaces
   -- Documentation for the base impl
   -- Documentation describing how to develop MessageExchangeProviders

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

Re: Current Todo's for Axis Async

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
For clarification... Dave is speaking about the async CLIENT api, which is
a separate beast than the internal message exchange interfaces in package
org.apache.axis.ime.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

David Chappell <ch...@sonicsoftware.com>
11/25/2002 11:51 AM
Please respond to axis-dev

axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc

bcc

Subject
Re: Current Todo's for Axis Async

FYI - The proposal for the Asynch API should be ready for posting to the
list by next week.  We still have some internal review to take care of
this week.  Stay tuned.
Dave

--
Sonic Software - Backbone of the Extended Enterprise

Re: Current Todo's for Axis Async

Posted by David Chappell <ch...@sonicsoftware.com>.

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
I'll do that as soon as the initial test cases are put together

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>
11/25/2002 11:00 AM
Please respond to axis-dev

axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc

bcc

Subject
Re: Current Todo's for Axis Async

how about remove "compile.ime" flag from build.xml :)

=====
Davanum Srinivas - http://xml.apache.org/~dims/

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: Current Todo's for Axis Async