Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/11/21 19:06:45 UTC

Rendering JSP templates from the classpath (Re: Struts 2 Plugin for Grails?)

Would it be feasible to use Jasper 2 instead?

Historically, it seems that the specifications that were based on a
working technology have been more successful than "speculative"
specifications. I think everyone involved in the process agrees that
it's much cleaner to create a standard around existing technology.

-Ted.

Re: Rendering JSP templates from the classpath (Re: Struts 2 Plugin for Grails?)

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
I think it would be feasible to pull the engine out and use it and then
attempt to put it back in. The key would be that at the end of the road
the next JSP specification dictates a pluggable JSP engine and an
API/configuration for plugging them in. Anyone have any experience with
Jasper?

-bp