Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Dan K." <da...@yorku.ca> on 2003/11/29 00:13:29 UTC

building turbine 2.3 from cvs

Hi,

I'm trying to build Turbine 2.3 from cvs tag TURBINE_2_3, and also tried
TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH but am encountering MANY of errors following the
"generate-om" step.

I have maven 1.0 rc1 and issued the command "maven" to build the project
as stated on:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.4/how-to-build.html

I also followed the readme.txt, and installed the "maven-torque-plugin" by
checking out the Torque source and using the command "maven
plugin:install".

Are there any other steps I need to do?

Here's the beginning of the errors:

<snip>
torque:om-check:

torque:om:
    [echo] Schema files have not changed since last generation.

generate-om:

    [echo] Compiling to
C:\CVS\root.turbine23\jakarta-turbine-2/target/classes
    [javac] Compiling 431 source files to
C:\CVS\root.turbine23\jakarta-turbine-
2\target\classes
C:\CVS\root.turbine23\jakarta-turbine-2\target\src\org\apache\turbine\services\s
chedule\${basePrefix}JobEntry.java:29: class $basePrefixJobEntry is
public, shou
ld be declared in a file named $basePrefixJobEntry.java
public abstract class $basePrefixJobEntry extends BaseObject
                ^
C:\CVS\root.turbine23\jakarta-turbine-2\target\src\org\apache\turbine\services\s
ecurity\torque\om\${basePrefix}TurbineGroup.java:29: class
$basePrefixTurbineGro
up is public, should be declared in a file named
$basePrefixTurbineGroup.java
public abstract class $basePrefixTurbineGroup extends BaseObject
                ^
C:\CVS\root.turbine23\jakarta-turbine-2\target\src\org\apache\turbine\services\s
ecurity\torque\om\${basePrefix}TurbinePermission.java:29: class
$basePrefixTurbi
nePermission is public, should be declared in a file named
$basePrefixTurbinePer
mission.java
public abstract class $basePrefixTurbinePermission extends BaseObject
                ^
C:\CVS\root.turbine23\jakarta-turbine-2\target\src\org\apache\turbine\services\s
ecurity\torque\om\${basePrefix}TurbineRole.java:29: class
$basePrefixTurbineRole
 is public, should be declared in a file named $basePrefixTurbineRole.java
public abstract class $basePrefixTurbineRole extends BaseObject

I guess it's just missing the ${basePrefix}?  Where do I set that?

Thanks.

Re: building turbine 2.3 from cvs

Posted by Wei He <we...@ldeo.columbia.edu>.
Dan, I always had the log4j error, there were some posting in the past
and peraaps recently, I have
not seen a clear solution.

It is great that you add these entries to the build.properties file.

Thanks a lot,

Wei

Posted by "Dan K." <da...@yorku.ca>.

Posted by Wei He <we...@ldeo.columbia.edu>.