Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Katarina Nelson <ka...@appium.com> on 2001/02/15 20:01:29 UTC

HELP!!! Exception: IncompatibleClassChangeError?

Please help me! Do somebody recognize this exception:
"java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class"?

If so, please answer.
Regards
Katarina
I´m changing my struts tags from the old lib (struts.tld) to those three
news (html, logic & bean) and get this strange exception. Do somebody knows
what I do wrong?
Thanks,
Katarina
Error: 500

   Location: /um/login.jsp

   Internal Servlet Error:

Root cause:

   java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class
           at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:524)
           at
_0002flogin_0002ejsplogin_jsp_11._jspService(_0002flogin_0002ejsplogin_jsp_1
1.java:174)
           at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
           at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:177)
           at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:318)
           at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:391)
           at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
           at
           at
7)
           at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
           at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
           at
           at
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

Re: HELP!!! Exception: IncompatibleClassChangeError?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

Katarina Nelson wrote:

> Please help me! Do somebody recognize this exception:
> "java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class"?

Every time I have seen this kind of error it was because I changed a class that
other classes depended on, but did not recompile the dependent classes.  Be sure
that you completely delete all the old *.class files of your application, and
recompile them against the new struts.jar file.

> If so, please answer.
> Regards
> Katarina

Craig

Help with html:select

Posted by Dennis <de...@iswsolutions.com>.
I'm trying to generate a page that uses two html:select elements.  The value
of the second of the selected elements depends upon the current value of the
first.  I believe what I want to do is in the 'onchange' attribute of the
first select element, I want to forward to the very same page, and use the
value of the selected item in the first select element to set the value of
the second select element. Can anyone give some guidance?

Thanks,

Dennis