Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/09 02:30:20 UTC

1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

...except I've locked myself out of the admin account.  I can't find any
documentation on how to reset or change the admin password.  I'm running
the .WAR version with embedded Derby (I believe).

The new UI looks great so far and the entire system came up much faster (it
seems) than 1.4-M2.

--
Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.
And every so often the login attempt shows a bunch of the
spinners...hopefully the screenshot comes through.

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.
Please ignore this particular error.  I had been fiddling with the
security.properties and had set:

security.policy.password.previous.count=0

causing the DefaultUserSecurityPolicy.java:lines[327-329] to attempt
getting the subList() from 0 to -1 when previousPasswordsCount is 0:

            int oldCount = Math.min( *previousPasswordsCount - 1*,
user.getPreviousEncodedPasswords().size() );
            //modified sublist start index as the previous value results to
nothing being added to the list.
            List<String> sublist =
user.getPreviousEncodedPasswords().subList( 0, *oldCount *);

Also, in the process of copying derbydb/ folder to/from my workstation and
forcing the password change by editing the database, the permissions on the
files/folders were inadvertently modified to root:root, effectively making
the database read only to the tomcat user so no updates would stick.

I do have another issue with changing other user settings where it forces
me to enter the password...but I'll start another thread ;-).

--
Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.

      1. p.extend.parseJSON/js/jquery-1.8.1.min.js?_archivaVersion=1.4-M3:2<http://archiva/js/jquery-1.8.1.min.js?_archivaVersion=1.4-M3>
      2. $.ajax.error/js/redback/user.js?_archivaVersion=1.4-M3:694<http://archiva/js/redback/user.js?_archivaVersion=1.4-M3>
      3. k/js/jquery-1.8.1.min.js?_archivaVersion=1.4-M3:2<http://archiva/js/jquery-1.8.1.min.js?_archivaVersion=1.4-M3>
      4. l.fireWith/js/jquery-1.8.1.min.js?_archivaVersion=1.4-M3:2<http://archiva/js/jquery-1.8.1.min.js?_archivaVersion=1.4-M3>
      5. y/js/jquery-1.8.1.min.js?_archivaVersion=1.4-M3:2<http://archiva/js/jquery-1.8.1.min.js?_archivaVersion=1.4-M3>
      6. send.d

Exception on server:

Oct 10, 2012 4:53:48 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet CXFServlet threw exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: fromIndex(0)
> toIndex(-1)
        at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AbstractFaultChainInitiatorObserver.onMessage(AbstractFaultChainInitiatorObserver.java:115)
        at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:322)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:211)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:213)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:154)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:130)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:221)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doPost(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:141)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:197)
        at
        at
        at
org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
        at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
com.googlecode.psiprobe.Tomcat60AgentValve.invoke(Tomcat60AgentValve.java:30)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.
[...]

 Security Policies
security.policy.password.previous.count=0
security.policy.password.expiration.days=90
security.policy.password.expiration.enabled=false
security.policy.allowed.login.attempt=6
security.policy.strict.force.password.change.enabled=false

# Password Rules
security.policy.password.rule.alphanumeric.enabled=false
security.policy.password.rule.alphacount.enabled=false
security.policy.password.rule.alphacount.minimum=1
security.policy.password.rule.characterlength.enabled=false
security.policy.password.rule.characterlength.minimum=1
security.policy.password.rule.characterlength.maximum=8
security.policy.password.rule.musthave.enabled=true
security.policy.password.rule.numericalcount.enabled=false
security.policy.password.rule.numericalcount.minimum=0
security.policy.password.rule.reuse.enabled=true
security.policy.password.rule.nowhitespace.enabled=true

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Try adding this to security.properties:

security.policy.unlockable.accounts=admin

Then restart and reset your password again.

- Brett

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!

Posted by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!