Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nirmal Mukhi <nm...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/02/03 17:15:29 UTC

RE: Antw: Asynchronous interface

Hello Paul,

WSIF also has an asynchronous invocation model with correlation. You can
find more details about the async model from
http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-user@xml.apache.org/msg07607.html, and
more information on WSIF itself at http://ws.apache.org/wsif

Thanks,
Nirmal.

"Paul Andrews" <pa...@cisco.com>
01/31/2003 01:17 PM
Please respond to axis-user

        To:     <ax...@xml.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Antw: Asynchronous interface

Yes. I can see how that would work. I'm not convinced that it's a
satisfactory solution in my case for scalability reasons: It requires a
thread for each outstanding request/response pair. I guess you could use
an internal thread pool to manage that but my hope is that if an
asynchronous interface were supported directly by Axis, it would use a
queueing mechanism and leave the issue of threading up to the ultimate
producer/consumer themselves.

xmlrpc/XmlRpcClientLite.java

cheers,
markus

>>> anne@manes.net 31.01.2003  15.30 Uhr >>>
There's a difference between an asynchronous API and an asynchronous
transport. You should be able to make asynchronous calls over HTTP, too.

For a description of what I man, see the WASP documentation on
asynchronous
API:
http://www.systinet.com/doc/wasp_jserver/basics/webServiceInvocation.htm
l#ba