Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by ma...@thomson.com on 2005/10/21 02:27:31 UTC

Xalan 2.7 extensions, variable is not resolved

Hi,
I recently tried to use Xalan 2.7 for my project, but it seems like behavior has
changed.

I have following:

<xsl:template name="name">
	<xsl:param name="id"/>
		<db:table name="NAMES">
			<db:column name="ID" select="$id"/>

so using 2.7 I have "Variable id is cannot be resolved", 2.6 works fine.
Change in behavior related to code commented in 'org\appache\xpath\operations\Variable.java' file:

      // Hack city... big time.  This is needed to evaluate xpaths from extensions,
      // pending some bright light going off in my head.  Some sort of callback?
      //synchronized(this)
      //{
      //	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemVariable vvar= getElemVariable();
      //	if(null != vvar)
      //	{
      //  m_index = vvar.getIndex();
      //    m_isGlobal = vvar.getIsTopLevel();
      //    m_fixUpWasCalled = true;
      //    return execute(xctxt);
     // 	}

so really my question is, how should I use it now.
Thank you.