Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Susheel Kumar Gadalay <sk...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/08 20:37:01 UTC

(Unknown)

Hi,

I have a question.

How do I selectively open port range for Hadoop Yarn App Master on a cluster.

I have seen the jira issue in
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-mapreduce-issues/201204.mbox/%3C74835698.75.1335357881103.JavaMail.tomcat@hel.zones.apache.org%3E
fixed in version 0.23.2 and accordingly downloaded the latest version
2.4.1.

I have added the following property in mapred-site.xml
        <property>
                <name>yarn.app.mapreduce.am.job.client.port-range</name>
                <value>50100-50200</value>
        </property>

and accordingly opened the port range 50100-50200 in iptables.

After submitting the hadoop job it is using the port 50100 but it is
also using one ephemeral port for IPC server.
I have noticed different ephemeral ports used for IPC server for each
job submission.

Pl let me know what property can be set to restrict this random port used.

Thanks
Susheel Kumar