Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "nilay.tiw@gmail.com" <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/20 11:36:31 UTC

Solr Clustering For Multiple Pages

Hi

How can i create cluster for all records.
Currently i  am sending clustering=true  param to solr  and it give the
cluster in  response ,
but it give for 10 rows because  rows=10 . So please suggest me how can i
get the cluster for all records .

How can i search with in cluster .

 e.g  cluster created
   Model(20)
   Test(10)

if i click on Model the i should get 20 records by filter so please  give me
idea about   this .

Please help me  to resolve this problem

Regards
Nilay Tiwari

Re: Solr Clustering For Multiple Pages

Posted by Stanislaw Osinski <st...@carrotsearch.com>.

> I am asking about the  filter after clustering . Faceting   is based on the
> single field so,if we need to filter we can search in related field .  But
> in clustering it is created by multiple field  then how can we create a
> filter for that.
>
> Example
>
> after clusetring you get the following
>
> Model(20)
> System(15)
> Other Topics(5)
>
> if i will click on Model then i should get  record associated with Model

I'm not sure what you mean by "filter" -- ids of documents belonging to each
cluster are part of the response, see the "docs" array inside the cluster
(see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent#Quick_Start for example
output). When the user clicks a cluster, you just need to show the documents
with ids specified inside the cluster the user clicked.

Cheers,

Staszek

Re: Solr Clustering For Multiple Pages

Posted by Stanislaw Osinski <st...@carrotsearch.com>.
I don't quite follow, I must admit. Maybe it's faceting you're after?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrFacetingOverview

Staszek

Posted by "nilay.tiw@gmail.com" <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alot . I was thinking  i am not doing in correct way .

-----

Posted by "nilay.tiw@gmail.com" <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi

thanks Alot,

 can you please help me  how can i implement the  filter of topic cluster
like Model(10) when i will click on model then i need to get 10 docs .

Regards
Nilay Tiwari

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Stanislaw Osinski-4 [via Lucene] <
ml-node+3092594-1426669115-405384@n3.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, only the clustering of search results is implemented in Solr,
> clustering of the whole index is not possible out of the box. In other
> words, clustering applies only to the records you fetch during searching.
> For example, if you set rows=10, only the 10 returned documents will be
> clustered. You can try setting larger rows values (e.g. 100, 200, 500) to
> get more clusters.
>
> Staszek
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:36, [hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3092594&i=0><[hidden
> email] <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3092594&i=1>>wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > How can i create cluster for all records.
> > Currently i  am sending clustering=true  param to solr  and it give the
> > cluster in  response ,
> > but it give for 10 rows because  rows=10 . So please suggest me how can i
>
> > get the cluster for all records .
> >
> > How can i search with in cluster .
> >
> >  e.g  cluster created
> >   Model(20)
> >   Test(10)
> >
> > if i click on Model the i should get 20 records by filter so please  give
>
> > me
> > idea about   this .
> >

> > Please help me  to resolve this problem
> >
> > Regards