Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Qureshi,Shahzad [Ontario]" <Sh...@ec.gc.ca> on 2009/12/08 22:58:04 UTC

Attaching source to artifact

Hi all,

One of our the modules that we've is a library which is used by other projects. So I've created the jar and the source jar for this module using the instructions here: http://maven.apache.org/plugin-developers/cookbook/attach-source-javadoc-artifacts.html

So now that I've the source jar, what do I do now? I can deploy the main artifact but where does the source go? I want the developers to have the ability like junit dependency provides where I can simply click on "download source" and I automagically get the source jar for junit from the net.

How do I implement that functionality? I've the source jar and I've the main artifact jar

Test-1.0.jar
Test-1.0-sources.jar

thanks

Shahzad Qureshi
Systems Analyst/Programmer
Applications Directorate | La direction générale des applications
Chief Information Officer Branch | Direction générale du dirigeant principal de l'information
Environment Canada | Environnement Canada
shahzad.qureshi@ec.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 416-739-4702
Website | Site Web www.ec.gc.ca

Re: Attaching source to artifact

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Use the maven-release-plugin, by default it will add sources and javadoc to
the released artifact (see
here<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/perform-mojo.html#useReleaseProfile>
).

Regards,
Stevo.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Qureshi,Shahzad [Ontario] <
Shahzad.Qureshi@ec.gc.ca> wrote:

> Ahh stupid me. All I've to do install or deploy it and maven automatically
> uploads all the jars
>
> Nevermind folks :)

> Shahzad Qureshi
> Systems Analyst/Programmer
> Applications Directorate | La direction générale des applications
> Chief Information
> Environment Canada
> 416-739-4702
> shahzad.qureshi@ec.gc.ca

Applications Directorate | La direction générale des applications Chief Information Environment Canada
416-739-4702
shahzad.qureshi@ec.gc.ca

Posted by Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com>.