Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by smith_jor <ac...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/20 08:33:33 UTC

Can I improve throughput by adding connection number to Activemq provider?

suppose that application A send message to ActiveMQ B which has a queue named
"testqueue".

Can this method improve thoughtput ?

application A create more than one connections to provider, then A send
messages to the same queue (such "testqueue") using all these connections.

Can this method works? or maybe using more than one connections in one
client is not encouraged?

Re: Can I improve throughput by adding connection number to Activemq provider?

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sure. What kind of throughput are you trying to achieve? What are you
getting with one connection so far? Do you think you're saturating the
network connection, or could you get more through the one connection as it
is?

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM, smith_jor <ac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> suppose that application A send message to ActiveMQ B which has a queue
> named
> "testqueue".
>
> Can this method improve thoughtput ?
>
> application A create more than one connections to provider, then A send
> messages to the same queue (such "testqueue") using all these connections.
>
> Can this method works? or maybe using more than one connections in one
> client is not encouraged?

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: AMQ 5.7.0 and interceptors configuration.

Posted by Karel Gardas <ka...@centrum.cz>.
Wow! That works! Thanks a lot for your fast help!
Karel

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karel Gardas <ka...@centrum.cz>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

AMQ 5.7.0 and interceptors configuration.