Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com> on 2011/06/03 11:32:31 UTC

compressing site documentation?

Hi all,

The Maven sites can get quite large (clover, javadoc, source xref) and when there are lots of projects and versions you can eat 100's of GB quite easily.  They also compress exceptionally well.

Does anyone know of an existing maven plugin that can compress (gzip) the html (and css?) files so the server can server them compressed to clients (or decompress them on the fly for those that don't support gzip encoding)?

Regards,

/James

________________________________

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3080780. VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00

Re: m3: relativepath warning

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Are we taking about the warning in the site plugin? Because the
annoyance is that if your parent is intentionally not reached by
relative path (because it is RELEASED), the site plugin insists on
whining about the path. I think it should not.

Re: m3: relativepath warning

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

m3: relativepath warning

Posted by Harsha Sri-Narayana <Ha...@tradingscreen.com>.
Maven 3 emits a warning if the parent-pom relative path (../pom.xml)
does not match the specified parent pom. However the ../pom.xml is a
simple aggregator pom and the parent pom cannot be referenced from this
location in subversion. Am I expected to put <relativePath/> everywhere?

Secondly, I vote up this behaviour where this warning is not emitted if
the relativePath element is not used.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4687

regards,
Harsha