Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Brett McLaughlin <br...@lutris.com> on 2000/10/23 20:37:43 UTC

Run-time discovery of tasks

Does Ant offer any ability to do runtime discovery of taskdefs? I'd like to add a task that is fairly limited in scope (in this case, for Enhydra's XMLC), and include that with XMLC, rather than Ant itself (for obvious reasons). Can I set any options in Ant or my build.xml to have it pick up that taskdef at runtime, rather than at Ant's build time?

Thanks,
Brett

Re: Run-time discovery of tasks

Posted by Christopher Elkins <ce...@scardini.com>.
> Does Ant offer any ability to do runtime discovery of taskdefs? I'd like to
add a task that is fairly limited in scope (in this case, for Enhydra's XMLC),
and include that with XMLC, rather than Ant itself (for obvious reasons). Can I
set any options in Ant or my build.xml to have it pick up that taskdef at
runtime, rather than at Ant's build time?

Yes, here's what we do in the TDK:
    <taskdef name="torque"
classname="org.apache.turbine.tools.torque.TorqueTask"/>

--
Christopher Elkins