Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org> on 2016/03/29 18:31:25 UTC

ATS Release Branch 4.2.x EOL

Hopefully this doesn't come as a shock to anyone, but we need to EOL the
4.2.x release branch. 4.2.0 was released on March 19th 2014 according to
the STATUS file. Originally we discussed 1 year timespan, but then extended
it to 1.5 years. That puts us at September 19th 2015. So technically we are
already EOL on it, but since I can't find anything on record I am going to
propose 30 days until EOL. If I did the math right, that puts us at April
28th 2016. Are there any objections to this?

Thanks.

Re: ATS Release Branch 4.2.x EOL

Posted by Theo Schlossnagle <je...@omniti.com>.
+1

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Mar 29, 2016, at 10:31 AM, Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hopefully this doesn't come as a shock to anyone, but we need to EOL the
> 4.2.x release branch. 4.2.0 was released on March 19th 2014 according to
> the STATUS file. Originally we discussed 1 year timespan, but then extended
> it to 1.5 years. That puts us at September 19th 2015. So technically we are
> already EOL on it, but since I can't find anything on record I am going to
> propose 30 days until EOL. If I did the math right, that puts us at April
> 28th 2016. Are there any objections to this?

+1 from me, time to get upgraded to v6! :-).

it’d be good if people with distro contacts makes sure that they stay on top of our release schedules. I’m thinking, Debian, RedHat, HomeBrew etc.

Cheers,

— Leif

Re: ATS Release Branch 4.2.x EOL

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.