Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "massive.boisson" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 13:19:41 UTC

Object Message

Hi,

I have 2 questions about ObjectMessage:

1. are there any performance issue with ObjectMessages generally speaking
because looking thru forums not many people use it? Any good alternatives?
(I saw what James was doing recently, but I am using Java client)

2. I am getting NotSerializableException no matter what I try. My object is
implementing Serializable, I even tried with String for test. I have a
remove broker listening to tcp connections. Any ideas?

Sincerely,
--MB

Re: Object Message

Posted by "massive.boisson" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I'll use Seriliazation. I got it to work, I'd rather not say what I did
wrong, I don't think there is any chance someone else will do that :)
Thanks.

Re: Object Message

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 11/20/06, massive.boisson <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 2 questions about ObjectMessage:
>
> 1. are there any performance issue with ObjectMessages generally speaking
> because looking thru forums not many people use it? Any good alternatives?
> (I saw what James was doing recently, but I am using Java client)

Quite a lot of folks use ObjectMessage - its certainly pretty fast
these days (serialization used to be slow in the Java 1.2 days).

The only real alternative is write your own Externalizable code or use
some kinda XML data binding

--

James
-------