Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Dirk Manske (mobil)" <di...@arcor.de> on 2003/12/23 01:21:00 UTC

InitializerError + OJBRuntimeException

Hi,

I am new to OJB and get stuck with the following exception message:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
 at
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker(Unkn
own Source)
 at
de.premiere.plato.app.dao.ojb.OJBPBPersistenceManager.storeObject(OJBPBPersi
stenceManager.java:159)
 at
de.premiere.plato.test.activity.control.TestDatabase.testStoreObject(TestDat
abase.java:56)
 at
)
 at
.java:25)
 at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:392)
 at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.
java:276)
 at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner
.java:167)
Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.OJBRuntimeException: Property for key
'PersistenceBrokerFactoryClass' can not be found in properties file
 at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory.init(Unknown
Source)
 at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory.<clinit>(Unknown
Source)
 ... 18 more

it happens after executing this method:

public void storeObject(Object object) throws PersistenceServiceException {
	try{
		broker =
PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();

		broker.store(object);
	}
	catch(Exception e){
		//TODO Catch Klausel kommentieren
		throw new PersistenceServiceException("storeObject failed");

	}
	finally{
		broker.close();
	}
}

I am wondering about the OJBRuntimeExeception: what kind of property key is
missed?

thx,
Dirk

Re: InitializerError + OJBRuntimeException

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Dirk,

 > I am wondering about the OJBRuntimeExeception: what kind of property
key is
 > missed?

 > Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.OJBRuntimeException: Property for key
 > 'PersistenceBrokerFactoryClass' can not be found in properties file
 > at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryFactory.init(UnknownSourc

Seems OJB can't find OJB.properties file. Make sure that you include all
configuration files in classpath.

regards,
Armin