Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Serban Mardaloescu <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/23 20:39:16 UTC

Failed building Apache Taverna Workbench with Maven

Hello all,

I am trying to build the Workbench from the source code for a school
project. I use Maven for building,
but it keeps failing because I it cannot resolve some dependencies [1].
I cannot even find the .jar.
If someone encountered this problem or not and might have a clue, it
would be really really appreciated.

Cheers,
Serban

[1] - [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project
taverna-dataflow-activity-ui: Could not resolve dependencies for
project org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-dataflow-activity-ui:bundle:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
The following artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT,
org.apache.batik:batik-osgi:jar:1.7.0: Failure to find
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
in http://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced ->
[Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal on project taverna-dataflow-activity-ui: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-dataflow-activity-ui:bundle:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
The following artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT,
org.apache.batik:batik-osgi:jar:1.7.0: Failure to find
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
in http://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:210)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.resolveProjectDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:117)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.ensureDependenciesAreResolved(MojoExecutor.java:258)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:201)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.DependencyResolutionException:
Could not resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-dataflow-activity-ui:bundle:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
The following artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT,
org.apache.batik:batik-osgi:jar:1.7.0: Failure to find
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
in http://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced
    at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:189)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:185)
    ... 22 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutionException:
The following artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT,
org.apache.batik:batik-osgi:jar:1.7.0: Failure to find
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
in http://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced
    at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:375)
    at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:183)
    ... 23 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException:
The following artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT,
org.apache.batik:batik-osgi:jar:1.7.0: Failure to find
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
in http://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced
    at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:538)
    at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:216)
    at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:358)
    ... 24 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException:
Failure to find
org.apache.taverna.workbench:taverna-graph-view:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
in http://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced
    at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.newException(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:230)
    at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.checkArtifact(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:204)
    at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:427)
    ... 26 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :taverna-dataflow-activity-ui

Re: Failed building Apache Taverna Workbench with Maven

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Hi, apologies for the late reply.

Would you be OK to share what your school project will do...?

I think this was caused by a version mismatch on a "batik-osgi" wrapper.

I've changed it to 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT as batik 1.8 seems to not be API
backwards compatible with 1.7.

..not sure if this is enough to fix the build - follow

https://builds.apache.org/user/stain/my-views/view/taverna/job/incubator-taverna-workbench/19/console

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718