Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Eric Wittle <er...@wittle.net> on 2008/02/25 02:08:35 UTC

Next 4.0 upgrade problem

Adding the editor privilege to my accounts fixed my blog.

Now I'm trying to fix my planet configuration. I've worked past the
documentation bug, and have a planet-custom.properties file. However,
when I browse the URL for my planet configuration, I get a status code
500 with the message "Roller Planet has not been bootstrapped yet".

Looking at the log file, the first planet-related entry I can find
after boot is:

INFO  2008-02-23 07:02:33,992 RSDServlet:init - Initializing RSDServlet
INFO  2008-02-23 07:02:33,994 PlanetFeedServlet:init - Initializing
PlanetRssServlet
INFO  2008-02-23 07:02:33,995 PlanetCache:<init> - Planet cache =
{id=cache.planet, enabled=true, timeout=1800, size=10}
INFO  2008-02-23 07:02:34,000 PreviewResourceServlet:init -
Initializing PreviewResourceServlet
INFO  2008-02-23 07:02:34,001 PreviewThemeImageServlet:init -
Initializing PreviewThemeImageServlet
INFO  2008-02-23 07:02:34,012 PreviewServlet:init - Initializing
PreviewServlet
ERROR 2008-02-23 07:03:19,670 StandardWrapperValve:invoke -
Servlet.service() for servlet PlanetFeedServlet threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Roller Planet has not been
bootstrapped yet

Note that the first line in the above snippet is line 57 in roller.log
after restarting Tomcat with a clean logs directory. The only
exceptions or errors I can find in the logs seem to be in drect
response to the page request rather than any initialization process.

I suspect there is yet another strangeness in my database relative to
a 4.0 clean install. Can I get some advice about what debug messages
to enable to get more information?

Thanks,

-Eric

P.S. - Config is Roller 4.0 running on Tomcat 5.5.25 with Java 6 on
Ubuntu 7.0.4 with Mysql 5. The planet aggregator was working on 3.1
prior to the upgrade to 4.0.

P.P.S. - Sanitized version of planet-custom.properties is below:

# Core planet aggregator configuration information for Roller 4.0
installation.type=auto
database.configurationType=jdbc
database.jdbc.driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/roller
database.jdbc.username=<omitted>
database.jdbc.password=<omitted>
tasks
.enabled
=
ScheduledEntriesTask
,ResetHitCountsTask
,TurnoverReferersTask
,PingQueueTask,RefreshRollerPlanetTask,SyncWebsitesTask
planet.aggregator.cache.dir=/share/roller_data/planet
cache.dir=/share/roller_data/planet
planet.aggregator.enabled=true
enabled=true

Re: Next 4.0 upgrade problem

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Eric Wittle <er...@wittle.net> wrote:
> If anyone runs into the same problem, it was caused by having moved
>  one of the required config entries for planet to the planet-
>  custom.properties file instead of leaving it in the roller-
>  custom.properties file. Specifically,
>
>  planet.aggregator.enabled=true
>
>  was only in planet-custom.properties. I figured it out when I noticed
>  that the planet configuration tab was no longer visible.
>
>  I find the distinction between which things get specified in roller-
>  custom.properties and planet-custom.properties somewhat confusing,
>  obviously.

Yes, I agree.  There really should be one and only one Roller config file.

- Dave

Re: Next 4.0 upgrade problem

Posted by Eric Wittle <er...@wittle.net>.

Re: Next 4.0 upgrade problem