Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sachin Lakhanpal <la...@my-deja.com> on 2001/02/23 01:37:28 UTC

SSL ,Apache Keep alive

Hello ,

  i am trying to understand what am i supposed to come up with , so
here i have a client application trying to do a SECURE HTTP POST to the apache webserver .

  The data to be posted is huge running in megs, so what we are doing
is we are at the client end splitting this data in smaller chunks .

  so heres what we want , the client is working with raw sockets to
open a socket to the webserver and start the posting,we don't want to
get tied to the fact that after each post of a small chunk we will
have to close the socket and do a post for the next chunk of data and
so on,there would be an unacceptable over head of SSL authorization
everytime the socket is opened.

  so i have a question regarding the Keep alive option on
apache,would this option help us here so that initially when the
client opens a socket to the webserver SSL authorization takes place and from then on this same connection (same session) SSL
authorization is not required for successive post requests.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,
Sachin Lakhanpal

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/

Re: [OT] SSL ,Apache Keep alive

Posted by ___cliff rayman___ <cl...@genwax.com>.
this is no longer a mod_perl question.... but,
check out:

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_reference.html#ToC5 ->> SSLSessionCache

i'm am far from an SSL expert, but this should help minimize the SSL
authorization overhead.

--
___cliff rayman___cliff@genwax.com___http://www.genwax.com/