Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Daniel Bernstein <db...@archive.org> on 2010/07/27 21:26:50 UTC

NoServer Available

I've set up a 2 node cluster and I'm trying to connect using pycassa.

My thrift address is set to the default:  localhost:9160

I've verified that the port is open and I'm able to connect to it via
telnet.

My keyspace "Ananda" is defined as is the column family "URL" in storage.xml

Running the following commands locally, I get this:

>>> client = pycassa.connect("Ananda", ['127.0.0.1:9160'],timeout=3.5)
>>> cf = pycassa.ColumnFamily(client, "URL")
>>> cf.insert("foo", {"bar":"value"})
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "pycassa/columnfamily.py", line 332, in insert
    self._wcl(write_consistency_level))
  File "pycassa/connection.py", line 164, in _client_call
    conn = self._ensure_connection()
  File "pycassa/connection.py", line 175, in _ensure_connection
    conn = self.connect()
  File "pycassa/connection.py", line 193, in connect
    return self.connect()
  File "pycassa/connection.py", line 186, in connect
    server = self._servers.get()
  File "pycassa/connection.py", line 136, in get
    raise NoServerAvailable()
pycassa.connection.NoServerAvailable

NB: When I try to connect without any timeout, it just hangs.
When I shutdown cassandra, it fails immediately (rather than failing in 3.5
seconds when I use a timeout).

Any help would be much appreciated.

--Daniel

Re: NoServer Available

Posted by Daniel Bernstein <db...@archive.org>.
Thanks for the help Aaron.

I sorted it out: the problem was that I was using the latest version of
pycassa against cassandra 0.6.x.

When I downloaded the 0.3.0 pycassa and used the previous api, all worked
properly.

Cheers,

db

Re: NoServer Available