Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com> on 2012/02/02 19:47:16 UTC

Products And Automatic Requirements

I'm trying to figure out how to set up multiple automatic requirements
for a product, and I need some help.

A product will generate multiple requirements automatically when a sales
order is approved. One requirement is created automatically if inventory
levels fall below a certain point - this requirement triggers a
production run. Another requirement is created automatically when a
sales order is approved regardless of inventory levels - that
requirement is for product installation.

I spent some time looking through the catalog manager and the
auto-requirements services - createAutoRequirementsForOrder and
createATPRequirementsForOrder. I don't see how to set this up. It
appears that you can assign only one requirement method to a product,
and for some reason that method is connected to inventory. The second
requirement I mentioned (for product installation) is not tied to
inventory, it is a requirement for labor.

Does anyone know how I can set this up?

-Adrian

Re: Products And Automatic Requirements

Posted by Integrin Solutions <in...@gmail.com>.
Just so i know, why create a service, why not use MRP module for
automating Requirements management?
Am i missing your point?

- Sakthi

--