Posted to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org by Christer Nordvik <ch...@trafsys.no> on 2002/03/12 09:20:22 UTC

Examples of XM-RPC servlets

Hi.

I am new to XML-RPC and I wonder if there exists some more documentation
on it. I want the following scenario:

1. User calls RPC server from JavaScript and asks if there has been a
change in status.
2. The server checks if the status(which is stored in a database) has
changed. If it hasn't changed then it waits for i.ex. 30 seconds before
it returns the answer to the client.

Can I wait 30 seconds using asynchronous callback? Really would
appreciate some examples here. And some recommendations on a good
javascript XML-RPC client.

Best regards,

Christer

Re: Proxy Authentication

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html

Re: Proxy Authentication

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Proxy Authentication

Posted by Paul <po...@umich.edu>.
Hi all.  I need the ability to use Proxy-Authentication with XmlRpcClient,
and I'm pretty sure this isn't possible without adding a
setProxyAuthentication( String username, String password)
like we already have for Basic-Authentication.  It is a real simple change,
and I'd be happy to provide a patch, if someone would kindly let me know how
to make a patch.

If I'm mistaken, and this functionality already exists, please let me know!

Thanks,
Paul Oehler

Proxy Authentication