Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2001/04/27 20:25:24 UTC

Re: Apache::ASP extra newline in script output start - killing IEpdf recognition

Philip Mak wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Joel W. Reed wrote:
>
> > <%@ LANGUAGE="PerlScript" %>
> > <%
> >       do neat perl things
> > %>
>
> Have you tried this:
>
> <@ LANGUAGE="PerlScript" %><%
>     do neat perl things
> %>

This is probably your work around for now.  What I'll
probably do with this is try to optmize the above
construct to the latter format, or even eliminating
the %>\s+<% during the parse stage.  This will change
the output for constructs like this or

  <% for (1..X) { %>
	<% for (1..Y) { %>

To have X less \n\t in the output, but this is likely
a valid optimization that many other embedded scripting
languages seem to offer, witnessed during my Hello World
benchmarks.

--Josh

Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA