Posted to dev@toree.apache.org by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org> on 2022/10/27 00:22:08 UTC

Missing PPMC low activity on this project

Hi,
The Incubator recently asked for a roll call of the PPMC members for this project; and we didn't get much of a response. A project needs at least 3 active PPMC members to continue in the Incubator. I can see that traffic on the list is low. Is there any interest in continuing to have this project at the ASF or should the IPMC consider retiring it?
Kind Regards,
Justin

Re: Missing PPMC low activity on this project

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

In short a project that has an active PPMC of at least 3 members to provide oversight, reports on time and that the projects works towards graduation to becoming a TLP.

Posted by Artemis User <ar...@dtechspace.com>.
Justin, what kind of help do you need?  What kind of commitment do you
expect members to have?  Thanks!

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

This project has been in Incubation for almost 7 years! The project needs to decide if it should graduate or retire.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I believe we got a few responses in the roll call, and I know at least one
didn't reply due to being away on a trip.

I will also report this month, as the incubator report had already been
submitted when I went to report at the end of the last period.

I am also open to adding new contributors from the user base as committers
(a.k.a as low bar) but the project is stable enough and only requires big
changes when new major Spark releases come out and/or need updates on scala
version support.

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975