Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Claude M <cl...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/23 18:45:55 UTC

Kubernetes Application Cluster Not Working

Hello,

I'm trying to setup Flink in Kubernetes using the Application Mode as
described here:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/deployment/resource-providers/standalone/kubernetes

The doc mentions that there needs to be a aervice exposing the JobManager’s
REST and UI ports.  It then points to a link w/ the resource definitions:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/deployment/resource-providers/standalone/kubernetes/#application-cluster-resource-definitions
and I defined the following service along w/ the jobmanager, taskmanager,
and flink-conf.

apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
  name: flink-jobmanager
spec:
  type: ClusterIP
  ports:
  - name: rpc
    port: 6123
  - name: blob-server
    port: 6124
  - name: webui
    port: 8081
  selector:
    app: flink
    component: jobmanager

I am able to access the jobmanager UI but the taskmanagers are failing w/
the following error:
Could not resolve ResourceManager address akka.tcp://flink@flink-jobmanager
:6123/user/rpc/resourcemanager_*

Any ideas about this?

Thanks

Re: Kubernetes Application Cluster Not Working

Posted by Claude M <cl...@gmail.com>.
This issue was resolved by adding the following environment variable to
both the jobmanager and taskmanager:
- name: JOB_MANAGER_RPC_ADDRESS
  value: jobmanager

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.