Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Manu Kits <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/05 21:47:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Simple Web Deployment Struct Issue

Hello everyone,

I am using JBoss with Tomcat Catalina and Apache Web Server on UNIX.

My Web App name is "HARI" which has following structure:

/hari/index.jsp
/hari/hari.war
/hari/WEB-INF/web.xml
/hari/WEB-INF/classes/login.class
/hari/WEB-INF/classes/process.class
/hari/WEB-INF/classes/main.class
/hari/META-INF/application.xml

My WEB.XML file is:
<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>/login/*</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>process</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>/process/*</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>main</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>/main/*</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>process</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/process/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/login/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>main</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/main/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

This is a very basic WEB APP which checks for USerName/Password.

I run my app as http://hariom.com/hari/login and it used to work great.

Now, my Web App is getting complex with more Servlets etc.... and so I am
thinking of using Sub Directories.

So now I have.(created directory SHIVA and organized the servlets)

/hari/index.jsp
/hari/hari.war
/hari/WEB-INF/web.xml
/hari/WEB-INF/classes/shiva/login.class
/hari/WEB-INF/classes/shiva/process.class
/hari/WEB-INF/classes/shiva/main.class
/hari/META-INF/application.xml

So, now what changes do I have to make to WEB.XML? How do I invoke my Web
App?
Should I use http://hariom.com/hari/shiva/login or
http://hariom.com/hari/shiva.login

Do I have to ADD "package shiva" in every servlets...?

what other changes do I have to make to make it work?