Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Ken Helmes <ke...@codeonline.com> on 2001/07/26 17:05:39 UTC

parsing size limitation?

Velocity version: 1.1

When parsing Velocity db control templates in torque the following exception
is thrown:

C:\VC\Core30\build\torque\torque.xml:193: Exception thrown by
'generator.parse'.
 For more information consult the velocity log.
--- Nested Exception ---
org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of
method '
parse' in  class org.apache.velocity.texen.Generator threw exception class
org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException
        at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.
execute(ASTMethod.java:307)
        at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.
execute(ASTReference.java:197)

Velocity log:
Thu Jul 26 18:01:26 EEST 2001   [info] ResourceManager :
found ./sql/base/solid/columns.vm with loader org.apache.velocity.runtime.
resource.loader.FileResourceLoader
Thu Jul 26 18:01:26 EEST 2001  [error] Method get threw exception for
reference
$dbprops in template ./sql/base/solid/columns.vm at  [2,20]

When the size of the torque project-schema.xml or the .vm db control files
are
decreased, the parsing proceeds farther - or even succeeds depending on how
much
is removed, suggesting that there is a size limitation somewhere in the
template
parser ie. the problem does not seem to be in the db.props file as the above
log suggests.

Is this a known problem?

/Ken

Re: parsing size limitation?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Ug.  Yep, the nightly build system is broken.  Thanks for pointing that
out.

geir

Ken Helmes wrote:

> Thanks.
> Are you sure that your nightly build (I am assuming automated) process is
> working?
>
> gzip -d Apache-Velocity-200107xx.tar.gz
> tar -xvf Apache-Velocity-200107xx.tar.gz
>
> on all of the files produces nothing - not even a tar comment.  A further
> look at
> your archive files shows that those .gz files are much larger than the 1k
> .gz
> files on your nightly build site...

System and Software Consulting
Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.

Re: parsing size limitation?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Paulo Gaspar wrote:

> Thanks a lot Geir,
>
> The file you sent me unpacks ok with Winzip.
>
> Anyway, my tools are quite common (Winzip + Wincvs's cvs command
> line tool over Win2k) and something goes wrong when unpacking the
> file at the CVS. Quite strange thing but might happen again to
> someone else.
>
> Anyway, this will make a "little" change I have to make to a
> project much simpler. More on that on my next posting.
>
> Thanks again and have fun,
> Paulo

I will emphasize that this isn't an official version of Velocity - we
haven't decided if we want this to be the future.  If you could test it
out and report back, that would be great.  I will ask for a vote later
tonight as I have to go out of town for the weekend, and if you give
some positive feedback next week, that would be great.

geir

RE: parsing size limitation?

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
Thanks a lot Geir,

Re: parsing size limitation?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.

RE: parsing size limitation?

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
Yes, I downloaded the "*.tgz" from cvs.

After a fast reread I see that Ken was talking about the very
small files on the nightly build - initially I understood that
he was talking about something besides that, sorry.

Still, I can not unpack those damn files and I just have a
project where having multiple engine instances would make my
life much easier.
=:o\

Any clue about the problem?

>From a previous posting a made:

> I am unable to unpack the multiple instance sources. I
> get an "Invalid Compressed Data -- unable to inflate"
> error message from both WinZip and PkZip when trying
> to decompress the "tar" inside the "tgz" file.
>
> I am working on Win2k and usually use Winzip for this
> kind of things, but never had a problem with "tgz"
> files before.

Thanks and have fun,
Paulo Gaspar

Re: parsing size limitation?